All I can say is YUM! Here’s the recipe:
16 oz All-purpose flour
1 tps. salt
2 oz sugar
1 tbps. Active dry yeast
1/3 cup warm water
8 oz unsalted butter, room temperature
1. Place the flour, eggs, salt and sugar into the bowl of a mixer fitted with a dough hook. Stir the ingredients together.
2. Combine the yeast and water and add to the other ingredients.
3. Knead approximately 20 minutes on medium speed. The dough will be smooth, shiny and moist. It should not form a ball.
4. Slowly add the butter to the dough. Knead only until all the butter is incorporated. Remove the dough from the mixer and place it into a bowl dusted with flour. Cover and let the dough ferment at room temperature until doubled.
5. Punch down the dough, cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
6. Portion and shape the chilled dough as desired. Place the shaped dough in well-greased pans and proof at room temperature until doubled.
7. Bake at 375 degrees until the brioche is a dark golden brown and sounds hollow. Bake about 25 minutes but note baking time will vary depending on the temperature of the dough and the size of the rolls or loaves being baked.
Variations: Raisin Brioche or Savory Cheese and Herb.